Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm surrounded by new reading material!!




So I went to Barnes & Noble today to stock up on the next few months' titles for Book Club. While there, I was drawn to a couple others ... thinking, in my giddy stupor, I might actually have time to read them at some point. I hope I do. I'd love your feedback on either or both!




The first one is simply one I've always wanted to read. "As I Lay Dying" by Faulkner. It wasn't required reading in my school system, although I believe it's on my daughter's list of optional reading in her advanced Language Arts. She gets points for reading beyond the required books, then taking (and passing) evaluations on that book. She most recently read, "East of Eden," one of my personal favorites!


The second is one that just caught my eye, and after reading the excerpt as well as the first page I thought it might be something I'd like. "Rant," by Chuck Palahniuk. I'd love to know if anyone has read this; if not, I will certainly give a review after I finish it! Which, based on my schedule lately, could be sometime in 2010. Book Club selections get first dibs. :)


1 comment:

Bethany said...

I would be thrilled to read either of those authors. It would break up the estrogen fest that even the male-authoured books are. Faulkner is one that I will read book club or not, Palahnuik wrote Fight Club and some other cool weird stuff. I think it would be good to mix it up!