Thursday, June 12, 2008

OK! OK! OK!!!!

Our bossy buddy got on me at lunch today about not posting to the blog. In catching up on what's happening and what everyone is ready, I see you all got chewed too! Ha! Ha! Gotta love it! I threw a couple of steamy romance novels into the mix since Molakai. Not usually my thing, but has certainly helped hubby get his mind off work and sleep a little better at night!!! Yipppeeeeee! Oh yea, I also read some family saga vampire thing. It was ok. I just started She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. So far, I am really enjoying it but I'm not quite 100 pages into it yet. I so hope it doesn't take a turn like Taco Bell tomatoes in my tummy! As we all know, so many start out good and end really bad! At this point, I have no thoughts of abandonment. Any comments on this book would be greatly appreciated. I agree that the time I can spend reading is too precious to waste on bad books. Can't wait for our next gathering. I miss you all so much after missing the May meeting. Love ya!
Q

6 comments:

DiscoSplitz said...

I read it when it first came out and can't remember too many details about it, but I do remember really enjoying the book.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as disco! :) It's been several years since I read it, but I remember liking it a lot. Give us a refresher when you are done. (HUGS) And this is anonymous 'cuz I can't remember my password! :P
~Adria

Bethany said...

Same! loved it, great irony and literary devices. oh, wait, I'm thinking of Wally Lambs other one, about the twins. This one was good, worth reading.

Anonymous said...

The same for me. I read it a while ago and have been meaning to read more of Lamb's books. The main character is very authentic, I thought. I like books where you are "right there" with the characters. I enjoyed the journey this book provided and was not disappointed by the ending. (Because I was wondering where it would all end at the end.)
--- Laurie

HatriQ said...

Thanks Guys! I'm half way. This is a great read

HatriQ said...

I loved this! Great read. I still can't believe it was written by a man. That, and In-vitro only cost $4,000.00 dollars at the time!!! WOW!