Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm now on an Ian McEwan kick...



As mentioned before, I LOVED Atonement. Browsing through Tar-jay the other day with Meghan, I stumbled across this McEwan novel. WOW. Loved loved loved it. So poignant and heartbreaking! The cover blurb reads, "In 1962, Florence and Edward celebrate their wedding in a hotel on the Dorset coast. Yet as they dine, the expectation of their marital duties weighs over them. And unbeknownst to both, the decisions they make this night will resonate through their lives. With exquiste prose, Ian McEwan creates a story of lives transformed by a gesture not made or a word not spoken." I fly through his books so quickly, I think a trip to the library is in order. Almost seems a waste to buy them as I devour them within a matter of hours. Ian McEwan certainly has an amazing talent. His descriptions are incredible and bring me right to the place his imagination was while writing. I can taste the salt air in the breeze, and feel the sand between my toes. I'll bring this tomorrow night for the underground. :)

1 comment:

Burpykitty said...

Wow! This one sounds great too! The great thing about buying the books is that we can share them. I am a huge fan of the Paperback Shack and the Friends of the Library Bookstore at the new library (the old one sucks!). I have found some great deals...like books for only a dollar or two.