Monday, June 16, 2008

Hanna's Daughters

This book was a different read for me. Hanna's Daughters by Marianne Fredrikson was actually the English translation of a Swedish book written about three generations of women from the late 1800's to the 1900's. It seemed to me that a few things get lost in the translation but, the book is not so much about the women as it was about the culture, their behaviors, and their values. Having grown up with a grandmother who's parents came from this back ground gave me a little more insight to both her and her family. It also made the personality traits of these women in the book seem very familiar to me.
Not an easy book to follow when the author goes back and forth between characters. But, I stuck with it and felt like it was worth my time.

1 comment:

Burpykitty said...

Oooh! Save that one for me.