Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!!



Despite the economy, the country and frankly, the world, being a complete mess at least we can look back at our Book Club year and still smile. Gone With the Wind, The Ice Queen, Unless, The Witch of Cologne, Moloka'i, Atonement, Rebecca, Mistress of the Art of Death, The Tender Bar, The Haunting of Hill House and Heartburn - pat yourselves on the back for this accomplishment. We read 11 books last year, not counting any on the side or the ones floating around the "underground book club". As you all know, I love Book Club and it wouldn't be what it is without all of you. I value every one of your opinions, outlooks, worldviews and, above all, your friendship. I look forward to another interesting and fun year - I can't wait to see what we will read this year.

Bethany, wow three years have passed since we started this group! 34 books and counting, baby!

I love you all! Here's to a spectacular 2009!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Happy New Years to you Beautiful leader. It has been a great experience. I don't know what I would do without my girls. What could 2009 possibly have for us? I can't wait to see!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I didn't know when I imposed myself on this Book Club that I would find a group of wonderful women that I would admire and enjoy so much. (((HUGS)))