Thursday, January 8, 2009

Restless



Feeling restless...after turning the corner into the New Year, I find myself more and more restless. Reading has not been as soothing, enjoyable or relaxing as usual, which in my case is incredibly unusual. Historically, I have read through the darkest of days and now I struggle through a page or two before I am off doing something else.

So, I was in the school library today looking around and made the decision to make the library even more usable. Taking my example from the Temecula Library I have decided to move all of the young children's picture books into the middle section and all of the 2nd grade and above fiction to the perimeter of the room. Right now I am using the middle section to showcase series books but that seems to be confusing to the volunteers who are reshelving. I don't know why this is confusing but perhaps my logic isn't as logical as I think. I doubt rearranging the library is the answer to my restlessness but it will burn off some energy anyway.

No comments: