Wednesday, September 10, 2008

True Happiness

You all know how much I like to feed people. It is one of the great pleasures of my life, feeding people good food and knowing they have enjoyed a good meal in my home.

I opened the library to students this week at school; my second home. It has been so enjoyable to watch the kids in the library and hear the comments from students and teachers. I have heard, "It looks like a real library", "Wow! They got alot of new books over the summer!", "It looks so nice in here". Today Nick's teacher told me that she is so excited about the libraries that she might be willing to give up some of her classroom collection because she knows the students would be able to find and use the books. I felt like my heart would burst from happiness. This is why I have worked so hard. The kids love the library. I have "fed" them books and knowledge in a place where they feel comfortable and happy. Does it get any better than this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M - congratulations! You deserve to soak up the comments and kudos you are receiving. Way to go - you have created a space for these kids to pursue the love of reading that we all know. Who knows just what impact this project could have on even one child? Enjoy this success!!