Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer




DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!


I had very little expectation of liking this book because of the reviews of everyone I know who has read it, maybe that is why I was able to enjoy it. I devoured this book in 3 days. I really liked it. I remember what it was like to be a teenager and how awkward and insecure I always felt. I loved that this bubble-gum vampire series had a feel-good bubble-gum ending. I love that she married Edward and got to have her human honeymoon. I liked the twist about the baby. I was happy when she finally became a vampire - I was expecting it at the end of the 3rd book. I wanted Jacob Black to come back and I was glad when he imprinted on Renesmee so he wasn't heartbroken over Bella anymore but he still got to be a part of her family. I was especially pleased that Bella was not only beautiful but ended up being the strongest, most talented vampire in her new family.

Bella got to have her cake and eat it too in so many ways. She had Edward (the one she belonged with), she had Jake in her family, she was able to have a child, she was strong and beautiful, she even got to maintain contact with her original human family. What better ending to this teenage trilogy-plus? The teenage girl inside me rejoiced at her good fortune. Like I said, maybe I went in to it with very low expectation so I was free to just enjoy the story. But whatever the reason, I really, really liked it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meghan is dying to read this trilogy ... now I guess I'll have to read it too!! :)