Friday, March 6, 2009

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

After a deep experience with God and a very messy divorce, the author Elizabeth travels to Italy, India and Indonesia in search of truth and healing. At times this book was funny, other times very serious. The author has such a different world view from my own that it was also an interesting peek into her mind. I have to admit that I was briefly jealous that she was able to embark on a "voyage of self-discovery" at the tender age of 35. Then I realized that even if I had the opportunity, I still would not have chosen her path. She has a wonderful writing style. I love when writers can convey what others can't even put into words. I enjoyed this book, I'd recommend it.

2 comments:

DiscoSplitz said...

I too was a bit jealous that the author was just able to pick up and go, go far away and for a long time. I did like the Eat & Pray parts of the book better than the Love part.

Anonymous said...

I've heard a lot about this book ... sounds interesting!