Saturday, October 4, 2008

Haunted by the wack-job who wrote Fight Club, Rant, Choke

Think Stephen King on acid.


The BN synopsis is: Haunted is a novel made up of twenty-three horrifying, hilarious, and stomach-churning stories. They’re told by people who have answered an ad for a writer’s retreat and unwittingly joined a “Survivor”-like scenario where the host withholds heat, power, and food. As the storytellers grow more desperate, their tales become more extreme, and they ruthlessly plot to make themselves the hero of the reality show that will surely be made from their plight. This is one of the most disturbing and outrageous books you’ll ever read.

I agree, insanely disturbing and outrageous but I kept reading wanting to know more, wanting to know why. Since they are short stories, the reading goes along fairly sickly, I mean quickly. As I know all of you will be jumping at the chance to read this book, I'll bring it to our next meeting and make you ladies fight it out like the characters in the book.

1 comment:

Burpykitty said...

Just the cover looks bizarre - not sure how hard I would fight for dibs on this one ;)