Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And so it begins...

Well, anyone who knows me knows that it is usually my blunt and forthright manner (I prefer to call it honesty) that gets me into trouble. This time I was in trouble with someone who has never even met me. One of the volunteers that has been helping in the library for the past few years is appalled at the changes I have made. She doesn't want to be in charge but it seems she didn't have anything nice to say about me or the library. That's another thing, she didn't have the balls to say anything to my face but she apparently went on a tirade to one of the other volunteers (who likes what I have done with the library) about how she doesn't like anything I have done. The volunteer who told me wanted to let me know that I had already made a enemy.

While I was working at the library today, the previous Leader told me that she had purposely never done a great job because she didn't want the school to get too comfortable and never hire a permanent librarian. Again, anyone who knows me knows that I am not a half-ass kind of person. If I am going to do something then I am going to work hard and do the job right.

So, call the wahhh-bulance 'cause I got my feelings hurt and now I am crying. I'll get over it and go back to my "if you don't like it, then shove it!" ways. I have just worked so hard on this and really I never expected that someone would think it was a change for the worse!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man, that stinks! I totally understand your (justified) feelings. You can't make everyone happy all of the time, AND she is probably envious. You think it's wonderful, and others think it is wonderful, so leave this person in her miserable existance - which is what most people who do this kind of thing live in. Feel sorry for her, and keep the pride in the job well done that YOU have done. ((HUGS)) girl.

lori said...

Good grief!! Sounds like one of those people who never wants to be happy so, they spend a lot of time trying to make others just as unhappy as they are. Too bad!
Keep up the strong work. Sounds like things are really coming along well.

Bethany said...

Oh man! I am so sorry I haven't been here for you to talk to. Everyone but you and our book club sucks! I love you.