Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Shack by William P. Young

I pounded through this book in one day! I really enjoyed it. I hesitate to say too much about it because it is one of those books that will be a different experience for everyone. For me it was a validation and confirmation of who I believe God is. The back cover describes the book this way:

"Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgement he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.

In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant The Shack wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!"

As I said before, I hesitate to say too much about this book other than I highly recommend it.

4 comments:

lori said...

Happy to hear you enjoyed this book. Definitely a very thought provoking read.

kreuther said...

How funny to see you read a book on this topic. David and I were just talking about this very subject on our walk. I may just have to read this one now. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This sounds very interesting!

HatriQ said...

This is a great book. Uplifting and sad and very inspiring.