Saturday, May 30, 2009

What Are You Reading This Summer?

Bethany asked this question at Book Club on Tuesday night. I just finished reading Warriors: Into the Wild, a youth fantasy adventure novel. That is what I will be reading this summer - various childrens' novels that either my kids have asked me to read because they enjoyed the book or because I have it in the library at school and I am curious. My summer will be filled with fun in the sun and childrens literature, with the exception of what I am reading for Book Club of course!

What was your favorite book as a child? Mine was a book called Ghosts I Have Been by Richard Peck. I have it in the library at school perhaps I should check it out for the summer for the nostagia...

What are you reading this summer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorites (and I had many) were anything by Judy Blume, "Little Women," any of the Bobbsey Twins books, and any of the "Little House on the Prairie" series. Once a voracious reader, always a voracious reader, I guess! :o)

Bethany said...

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, A December Tale by Marilyn Sachs.
Both featured "unparented" children, and what they did to survive and live a life that made moral sense to them.