Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies



I was really looking forward to reading this book, especially since the first sentence is, "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." I was looking for fast paced action packed Austen. Instead, I got an agonizingly slow moving read. The scenes with the zombies, or 'unmentionables', and how Elizabeth and Mr Darcy fight the zombies are fun as they are both trained in 'the deadly arts'. There are a few lines that had me snicker but they are few and far between. I can totally see this becoming a movie. I also saw that later this month the same publisher is coming out with Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monster. I think I'll skip that one.

3 comments:

Burpykitty said...

I have looked at this one in Costco about 20 times! Sounds just as weird as I thought.

Katherine de Swineford said...

I saw you recommended 'Fanny Hill' for the September book. You should check out this edition: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1448607272/

It's illustrated by a woman -- kind of a nice edition if the usual Avril pictures are a bit too much for you.

Anonymous said...

I'll pass!! Thanks for the heads up, I'd seen it, and picked it up ... glad I put it back down!!